Olmetor 40mg Tablet 10S
* Mkt: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
* Country of Origin: India
* Delivery charges if applicable will be applied at checkout
OLMETOR 40MG TABLET contains Olmesartan which belongs to the group of medicines called Angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) in adults, children and adolescents (from aged 6 years to less than 18 years).
Hypertension is a condition in which the force of the blood against the blood vessel walls is too high which is characterized by headache, irregular heartbeat, vision changes, feeling of overtiredness, nausea, vomiting, confusion, anxiety and chest pain
Your doctor may advice you to take regular exercise such as walking or swimming, low salt diet, giving up smoking and alcohol drinking, which helps to reduce blood pressure effectively during treatment with this medicine.
OLMETOR 40MG TABLET should be used with caution in patients with kidney, liver or heart problems. Your doctor may check your kidney function test, blood pressure and the amount of electrolytes (Ex. potassium) in your body prior to the treatment with OLMETOR 40MG TABLET or at regular intervals along with the treatment.
OLMETOR 40MG TABLET is not recommended in early pregnancy and must not be taken when more than 3 months pregnant. It is also not recommended for use in breastfeeding women.
OLMETOR 40MG TABLET is not recommended for use in children (below 6 years of age) and should be used with caution in children and adolescents (6 to 18 years of age). OLMETOR 40MG TABLET should be used with caution in elderly patients (aged 65 years and above).
The most common side effects of taking OLMETOR 40MG TABLET are dizziness, nausea, headache, diarrhoea and stomach pain. Consult your doctor if any of the side effects worsen.
USES OF OLMETOR 40MG TABLET
Used in adults, children and adolescents (aged 6 to 18 years):
- To treat high blood pressure
HOW OLMETOR 40MG TABLET WORKS
OLMETOR 40MG TABLET relaxes blood vessels and thus lowers blood pressure by blocking the effects of Angiotensin II (a substance produced in the body which causes the narrowing of blood vessels).
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Take OLMETOR 40MG TABLET as advised by your physician. Swallow the medicine with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine. Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration for you based on your age, body weight and disease condition.
SIDE EFFECTS OF OLMETOR 40MG TABLET
- Dizziness, headache
- Nose bleeding (in children)
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea
- Gastroenteritis (stomach flu)
- Sore throat, cough
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Flu-like symptoms (Ex. fever, chills, cough, runny nose)
- Pain in the chest, back, bones or joints
- Urinary tract infections, blood in the urine
- Swelling of ankles, feet, legs, hands or arms
- Rapid allergic reactions that may cause breathing problems, rapid fall of blood pressure that may even lead to fainting (anaphylactic reactions)
- Feeling of spinning (vertigo)
- Feeling unwell, weakness
- Muscular pain
- Allergic skin rash, itching
- Exanthema (skin eruption)
- Skin lumps (wheals)
- Signs of low platelet count (include easy bruising or prolonged bleeding from cuts)
- Lack of energy
- Muscle cramps
- Impaired kidney function or kidney failure
- Signs of high potassium levels in the blood (muscle spasms or abnormal heart rhythm)
Stop taking OLMETOR 40MG TABLET and contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Allergic reactions (signs include swelling of the face, mouth and/or larynx (voice box), itching and rash)
- Reduced blood pressure in susceptible individuals or because of allergic reaction which could cause severe light-headedness or fainting (more often in older people)
There are no reviews yet.