Olmetor AM 40mg Tablet 10S
* Mkt: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
* Country of Origin: India
* Delivery charges if applicable will be applied at checkout
OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET is a combination of Amlodipine and Olmesartan which belongs to the group of medicines called Antihypertensive agents. OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET is indicated for the treatment of high blood pressure among patients who remain unresponsive to therapy with either olmesartan or amlodipine alone.
High blood pressure (also known as hypertension) is a medical condition in which the force of the blood exerted against the walls of the artery remains very high and as a result it may lead to severe damage to the blood vessels supplying several organs, thus causing heart attack, heart or kidney failure, stroke or even blindness.
During treatment with OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET, your doctor might check your kidney function, blood pressure and electrolytes (Ex. potassium) concentration in your blood at regular intervals to avoid the risk of unwanted side effects.
Avoid consumption of grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET as it could lead to an unpredictable decrease in blood pressure. Before taking OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET, inform your doctor if you have any liver, kidney or heart disease or if you are pregnant or might be pregnant because this medicine could cause serious harm to the growing baby.
It is not recommended for use in breast-feeding women. OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET is not recommended for use in children and adolescents (aged under 18 years) due to lack of safety data. It should be taken with caution in elderly patients (aged 65 years or above).
The most common side effects of taking OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET are headache, dizziness, tiredness, edema, sore throat and constipation. Consult your doctor if any of the side effects worsen.
USES OF OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET
- Treats high blood pressure (among patients who remain unresponsive to therapy with either olmesartan or amlodipine alone)
HOW OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET WORKS
OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET effectively reduces elevated blood pressure, where Olmesartan acts by inhibiting the actions of Angiotensin – II (a peptide hormone that causes narrowing of blood vessels and increase in blood pressure) at the angiotensin-II receptors of the kidneys and amlodipine acts by blocking the influx of calcium in the blood vessels by inhibiting the voltage gated calcium channels, thus causing vascular smooth muscle relaxation, vasodilation and a marked decrease in blood pressure.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Take OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET as advised by your physician. Swallow the medicine with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine. Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration of OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET for you depending upon your age, body weight and disease condition.
SIDE EFFECTS OF OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET
- Dizziness and headache
- Swelling of hands, arms, ankles, legs or feet
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchus)
- Sore throat, runny nose, cough
- Nausea, diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain or indigestion
- Joint or bone pain
- Back pain
- Urinary tract infections or blood in the urine
- Chest pain, flu-like symptoms (include fever, chills, cough, runny nose and headache)
- Visual disturbance
- Difficulty in breathing
- Dizziness on standing up
- Lack of energy
- Tingling or numbness of hands or feet
- Vertigo (spinning sensation)
- Awareness of heartbeat, fast heartbeat, low blood pressure with symptoms such as dizziness, light-headedness and difficult breathing
- Cough, vomiting
- Dry mouth, upper abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- Cramps, pain in arms and legs
- Feeling more of an urge to pass urine
- Sexual inactivity
- Inability to get or maintain an erection
- Allergic reaction
- Redness and warm feeling of face
- Red and itchy bumps
- Swelling of face
Stop taking OLMETOR AM 40MG TABLET and contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Severe allergic reactions (such as skin rash with itching and swelling of the face, mouth and/or larynx)
- Signs of hypotension (such as severe dizziness or light-headedness and fainting)
- Severe, persistent diarrhea with substantial weight loss
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes, dark urine and itching of the skin
There are no reviews yet.